what is the green?
The Green is a rent-able event space ready to host any type of event you may be interested in; concerts, business meetings, catered banquets, public forums, private parties, etc. We are a unique as an event space centrally located in downtown North Adams as we have ample parking, are ADA compliant, and have high quality audio & video technology available — all at affordable rates.
But, our heart is to be more than just an event space. Our dream is to be a re-envisioned village green where a diversity of people can come together for the good of our community. Our mission is to be a shared space that is dedicated to supporting the work of our neighboring community organizations.
So, in addition to being a rent-able event space, we have members who host regular events at The Green. These organizations need regular gathering space for the programs but are unable to maintain a large gathering space on their own. However, together we can share a gathering space among us and share it with our community as well. Members of The Green include:
- E. Hill Studio
- Northern Berkshire Community Coalition
- Terra Nova Church
- North Adams Farmer's Market
- Beacon Recovery Community Center
Past renters of the space for events have included:
- TEDx North Adams
- Common Folk
- Louison House
- Roots Teen Center
- Hoosic River Revival Association
- Berkshire Eagle
- City of North Adams
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for booking inquiries.
The Green’s Board of Directors include:
- Steve Klass, VP of Campus Life at Williams College
- Sara Russell-Scholl, North Adams Public Library
- Ben Lamb, Economic Development at 1Berkshire
- Paul Gordon, Terra Nova Church
- Glenda Matos-Carter, UNO Community Center/Northern Berkshire Community Coalition